Join us for Connect & Kōrero (in person) – Thurs 8 Sept 2022
We are proud to be collaborating with the Ministry of Youth Development, University of Auckland and Innovation Unit to organise a series of special events for ethnic young people as part of the Ethnic Youth Voices Project.
In 2021 the Ministry of Youth Development partnered with the University of Auckland and Innovation Unit for a co-design project to better understand how the voices of ethnic migrant and refugee background young people (ages 12 – 24yrs) can be regularly included in policy making and service design. Four hui were held across the country, several key insights emerged and a couple of prototype ideas were identified.
One idea put forward by the youth was regular ‘meetup events’ where government agencies/policy makers can network and build relationships with ethnic migrant and refugee background young people (ages 12 – 24yrs) in a relaxed environment.
So far we’ve hosted two of these ‘Connect & Kōrero’ events, one in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland on Sat 9 July and an online event on Sunday 7 August.
Who are these events for?
>> The Connect & Kōrero events are an opportunity for ethnic young people (12 – 24yrs old) of migrant or refugee background to network and build relationships with policymakers.
>> If you’re a policymaker interested in building long-term professional relationships with ethnic young people to help inform your work and/or make your consultation processes more inclusive – this is the perfect event for you!
Join us at the next Connect & Kōrero event!
- When: Thursday 8 September 2022
- Time: 5pm – 7pm (Doors open at 4pm)Young people are welcome to join us from 4pm onwards (straight after school), we’ll have space to chill out and play games/have a snack before the main event kicks off at 5pm! If you need support to attend the event, e.g. transport to get there, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll sort something out.
- Where: Fickling Convention Centre, Three Kings, Auckland
- Registration: If you’re keen to attend, head to this link to register your attendance.
- Registration closes: Monday 5 September @5pm
|For more information or if you have any questions, get in touch with us at email@example.com|