Join us for the launch of our brand new webinar series ‘Community Voices’ where we’ll team up with special guests for an informal discussion on belonging and inclusion issues relevant to Aotearoa New Zealand communities.
Our first webinar will take place on Thursday 30 September 2021, from 3pm to 4pm, LIVE on our Facebook page.
Topic: How does media reporting/framing impact the mental health and wellbeing of different communities?
- We acknowledge the role of the media in shaping the views of all New Zealanders in ways that both enable and heal division, harden and soften prejudice and make people feel included or excluded from society.
- We are concerned about the level of racism towards e.g Pasifika community when it was reported that a church group in South Auckland was connected to the recent Delta variant outbreak.
- We recognise the impact discrimination can have on the mental health and wellbeing of both individuals and communities.
- It’s Mental Health Awareness Week this week, so this is a timely discussion.
We will be joined by special guests;
- Samson Samasoni (freelance Pasifika journalist and communications professional)
- Eva Chen (founder of Wellbeing Charitable Trust)
- Amitesh Singh (Chair of NZ Fiji Families Wellbeing Trust)
- Remy Waldteudfel (Youth Services at Palmerston North Youth Space)
No need to RSVP, simply tune in on our Facebook page at 3pm on Thursday.
You will be able to ask questions to our guest speakers and share your experiences too.
More details will be released soon about upcoming webinars and guests…